Client App Feature Request: Specific-Channel Schedule View

One feature I've seen in other platforms that I've found helpful is a specific-channel schedule view. Rather than scrolling forward in time through the regular grid guide, there's a method (usually by clicking the channel icon itself) that will bring up the upcoming schedule for just that channel that's easier to scroll forward through.

I find this useful when looking for something I'd like to record without knowing the exact title or just browsing what's coming up on a given channel without waiting for the entire grid view of neighboring channels to load. It's also handy when setting up a sequence of different things to record on the same channel. Such as when my other half wants to record an entire marathon of Hallmark Christmas movies (I know . . . I know . . .)

Curious if there's any interest in such a thing or if it already exists and I just didn't see it.

This doesn't exist at the moment.

Are you wanting this on the dvr web UI, the iOS app, the Android app?

My selfish preference would be for the Android mobile client since that's where I usually prefer to set up recordings, but I'm good w/ wherever the greatest interest is.

+1
I've asked for this in every way I could think of and ended up doing my own work-around which isn't at all user friendly.

Pivot guide on channel selection (click on channel in grid guide) so grid guide becomes vertical guide listing schedule on channel clicked.

Not sure where it's easiest to implement first, the web UI or one of the clients.

Yes, there is interest.

I would love to see this on the Apple TV client.

1 Like

I would love to see it on the Android (Shield TV) and FireTV platforms as well.

+1