Client Connection Problems

May have identified the culprit as a bad node in the mesh. Will continue to troubleshoot and report back final resolution.

Been having client connectivity issues lately. Sporadic clients are unable to connect to the local server (Synology Nas).

Clients are mostly Google TV devices.
Rebooting router (Synology Mesh Network) usually will fix. Rebooting the NAS doesn't seem to address the issue.
Originally I thought it was my network, but the following raises questions for me.
-I can still connect to Netflix and other streaming services on those same clients, so it's not a global connectivity issue between my client and the network.
-I was successful in connecting the client to my server using the "away from home" option, but then everything is being transcoded and quality suffers on the big screen TV.

Ordered a new Mesh network to see if that solves quickly as the WAF has taken a nose dive, but curious if anyone has any suggestions (or similar issue)?

TIA

My recommendation, dump mesh and do a traditional network. If you need multiple AP's then hardwire them to your core switch/router. Hardwire all channels clients if you can. If you have limitations with running network cable look into MOCA to bridge those gaps.

I run mine off an ASUS ZenWiFi Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6E System .. and have no problems at all... My Server is in the Garage attached to 1 unit and the other units are in the house. It uses a WFI 6 backhaul that is faster than ethernet. You might have to look deeper in your mesh settings If your mesh system has professional settings ... As a matter of fact, my tuners are attached to my Home unit not to the unit in the Garage so my tuners connect to my Server wirelessly.

Similar setup to mine, though I used a Synology RT6600 Router and 1 WRX560AC access point and 1 MR2200AC. Once I unplugged the MR2200AC everything started working as expected. Looking to get a second WRX560 as they are the newer generation to replace the malfunctioning MR2200ac.

Sounds like you found the Problem. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Apprently, though it's still odd that the clients could connect to external websites but not my local Nas. And that I could connect via away from home but not directly.