Clone Channels DVR Client

Does anyone have a solution to have whatever my Channels DVR app on my Apple TV 4K is playing to show up on other TVs in the house without decreasing the resolution going to my TV? There are HDMI to ATSC 1.0 or NTSC modulators, but I assume they will only pass 1080p to the TV that the Apple TV 4K is connected to.

The idea is to walk from room to room without missing anything.

I am thinking back to what the Dish Network ViP 722 had with the modulator add-in card that would duplicate what you are watching to an NTSC broadcast channel over coax. And the hopper had RCA output that you could send to your own modulator.

Would be nice if the app could clone another app on the network. It would also help parents monitor their children’s viewing.

Using curl commands would achieve this.
You can choose which clients you tell to play whatever content.
I dont have an elegant solution for it though

1 Like

Actually i do. If you have an iphone.
You could create a shortcut, that prompts for an input where you could enter a channel number.
Then have it prompt for another input where you select the clients you want to play the channel on.

Then send the curl command containing the 2 inputs you define each time

I'm afraid that even if all TVs are set to display the same program, you will still have some discrepancies. Because of the nature of network latencies, each device will not be completely in sync with any other. (In my own experiences, I have noticed up to 5 seconds of lag between screens from the same feed.)