Commercial Detection Disabling For Certain Channels

Is there any way of disabling commercial detection for a channel in settings?

Thanks

In the UI you can do this per show. However, you need to use the command line to ignore an entire channel:

3 Likes

Ok thanks where is it in the UI for a specific programme - cant seem to find it!

It is only available once an episode has been recorded. Then you can navigate to Library > TV Shows > Show > Show Options > Detect Commercials. The exact wording may differ slightly, and the Show Options menu may be further hidden behind a or similar menu, depending upon which client you are using.

1 Like

Got it thanks I was looking under DVR and not under shows.

I will have a look at running the command line in the future is it a case of SSH into channels server and then running the command you showed me in the link (and adding the channel I wish to disable)?

Yes, basically. Although if you ensure the IP address of your DVR server is correct, you can use any computer on your local network to issue the command.

1 Like

Ok thanks!

@racameron has the option of disabling commercial detection for specific channels been added to the channels admin/settings page yet or is it a case of running the command still to disable specific channels ?

Thanks

1 Like

I don't recall seeing a UI for it; but that's not a feature I use.

1 Like