Commercial Detection on Synology DS218+

I apologize if this is a stupid question or already known, but I just switched from running Channels DVR on a Windows PC to a Synology DS218+, and immediately noticed that it performs poorly in commercial detection. Windows was pretty spot-on, but this will include 50-75% of commercial breaks as part of the show. Is there anything I can or should do to improve this, or will this be improved with the enhanced commercial scanning coming later? Thanks!

Huh. The commercial detector software is the same on all platforms and the results shouldn't change depending on where it's running.

What affects it more is the channels you're recording from. Some channels like ABC get bad results compared to others.

Okay, maybe it's just a stroke of bad luck, and I don't have the largest sample size. I record mainly sports on NBC Sports Philadelphia, which has a ticker that usually disappears during the commercial breaks. I'll see how it continues, but it's not a big deal. Just checking to see if there was something obvious I had to do with the new hardware. Thanks for being so active here!

I can say that your are correct in this matter. I was using an old laptop and the commercial detection was far better that the Synology DS218+. I got my drive about 4 days ago and noticed this also. The process is faster but not as accurate as windows detected. But I figured I will live with it and continue using my Tivo until this software is out of beta.

I find no difference they both use the Same INI and the same comskip so how would it be different ? The commercials might have changed the way they use Logos to avoid detection ... maybe the ini will have to be tweaked.