Commercial Detection per Show

Is there a way to setup a specific program to not be scanned for commercials? If not, is that something that can be added when setting up season passes for a show in advanced settings? Is that something that might be added in a future build if not?

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

You can turn it off in the Show Options for that show.

Can you show a screen shot of where it is included. I am looking all over and for some reason I can not find it.

Nevermind, I found it. But I can only do that after a show records. Anyway to add it as an option in the season pass menu or advanced screen or even from setup new season pass.

No that's the only way possible right now.

The other way is to block certain channel numbers from being comskiped.

Thanks for the help.

Is there a way to setup a specific program to not be scanned for commercials? If not, is that something that can be added when setting up season passes for a show in advanced settings? Is that something that might be added in a future build if not?

Sorry for the "grave-dig" here. I came to request the same thing, I have terrible comskip issues on certain shows and am fine with simply manually FFing through them with my Shield remote. Seems like it would be nice to mark certain passes or one off recordings to be comskipped though.

Meet the Press comes to mind because comskip always works perfectly on it and a few other shows I record.

These request are solving the symptom and not the problem.

The problem is inaccurate commercial detection.

Our requests should be: here are the shows that I am having bad commercial detection, could you please address fixing commercial detection in these shows for all of us.

Yes, you can disable detection both per program, or per channel. In order to adjust for a program, an episode of it must exist in your library. Navigate to the program's page in the Library through the DVR web UI, and under the show options is a toggle to disable commercial detection.

To disable an entire channel, a request to the DVR's API must be sent from the command line, as there is no UI for it. You can search the forum, as it is mentioned in a couple different threads.

1 Like

Commercial detection is handled by a third-party program, not Channels itself.

Comskip has sucked for years before Channels DVR arrived. Just sayin'.

Where is "Show Options"? I know i have used this before to disable commercial detect for shows before, but i see nothing in Edit the series pass nor can i seem to find the option anywhere obvious atm.

EDIT: You click on the title of the Show on the DVR web gui in the Recordings page.....well hidden.

?

You click on a tab on the Show page in the web admin. It toggles the sidebar between Manage and Options.