Commercial Detection Stopped Working

I used to get a button to skip commercials. Then, I switched skipping to automatic. That worked for awhile. Now, without changing anything, commercial skipping has stopped working completely.

How can I re-enable commercial skipping?

Please verify that it's currently still set to "automatic" in the client settings. I had done something similar, then realized it wasn't skipping. When I checked the setting, for reasons that I can't explain, it was set to "manual."

Thanks. Before I posted, I had set it to button skip to see if I would start giving me the button. But, it didn’t work. So, per your suggestion, I have it back on automatic. Should I expect auto skipping on the current dvr’d shows?

If you pause does it show darker and lighter areas on the timeline where commercials are detected?

It does, just like it was doing. It shows them at the quarter mark, like At 15, 30, 45 minutes. Back when commercials were being detected, it was showing more marks at uneven intervals.

Okay then you need to check your dvr web UI to see if commercial detection is enabled and if the Log is showing errors during commercial detection

I have verified that “Detect Commercials” is selected. And, I do see some “Commercial detection failed for ....” messages in the logs. Are there any particular errors or failures I should search for?

Click Support > Submit Diagnostics at the top right and we can take a look.

Done!

My commercials are being detected now. Just curious, did I receive an update that corrected the problem?

Nothing was changed

That’s interesting. It spontaneously stopped working and then spontaneously started back. Did the logs have any answers?