Commercial Skip with IR Harmony Remote Issues

Device: 2015 Shield TV with IR built in
Remote: Harmony 650 IR remote
DVR Version: 2018.04.05.2059
Android TV Channels App: 1.0.18

I can see the detected commercial segments while watching a show but am unable to skip commercials while using the Harmony Remote. If I double press the right arrow it fast forwards twice for 30 seconds each. Same with the left arrow, 7 seconds each. If I use my Shield GamePad Controller and double press the right direction pad it will skip commercials. I am just having this odd behavior with the Harmony Remote. I also created a key map on the remote to press right twice and tied it to a physical button and it experienced the same outcome as before with the remote.

Any help is appreciated. Great product!

You can use the dedicated chapter skip buttons instead and only have to click them once

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I don’t have an option to select Chapter Skip buttons for the Nvidia Shield IR Component in the Harmony app. If I had a Harmony Hub and connected to it over bluetooth, I would be able to.

I’m not sure if the Android TV IR capability supports Chapter Skip by default. I thought I’ve read something about its limited IR capability out of the box.

Are there any free commands available that would be a good fit?

Hmm, not really many options available. I have a spare FLIRC that I could switch to if that would work better.

Yes a FLIRC would probably work better