Commercial Skipping Choices

Both Comskip and the new smart Commercial Detection work very well most of the time. In general, the source channel makes the difference so prioritizing recordings to a source produces the best results. I've done this using Favorites yet there are individual shows that seem to break the pattern.

An example of what I do is I have the science channel fevered via TVE while my HD Home Run is top priority.

It would be great if:

• There was a selection of which commercial skipper to use for each channel
  • Passes could include a commercial skipping chose
2 Likes

Add to this being able to have custom comskip profiles per channel or pass. The default comskip.ini works great most of the time except certain channels that run 5min infomercials during breaks.

1 Like

Did this ever become a thing? I record 4K channels via HDHR Prime and my little server chugs and chugs trying to run com skip on them. Especially right now with Soccer, there's almost no adds to skip and the system spends all day trying to process a single World Cup game. Would like to set a flag in my pass setting to not run comskip.

Find your world cup recording group, and turn off commercial detection.

excellent, thank you! I record 4K content with a pass with custom logic. (there's at most one or two 4K items a week so this is usually not a problem). This means a variety of content is recorded.

Is there any way I could embed this so is always skips comskip on items recorded with that pass?

1 Like

There is not. Commercial skipping options are on TV Shows themselves, or globally.

A real lifesaver! My server was spending so much time trying to figure out NFL RedZone every Sunday night.

thank you all!

What is "new smart Commercial Detection"? I can't any reference to it in Channels DVR.
Thanks.

One year ago, from tomorrow

Wasn't sure whether to create a new thread for this, but it seems related so posting here.

Can we get more granular control over comskip playback setting by recording type? My reason is that I want to set comskipping to be automatic for all programs other than sports.

I don't mind having to rewind on a show or news program if comskip swallows an entire show segment as a commercial (which comskip does from time to time) but for sports its a bummer.

But then to keep it on a client basis for skip button makes us have to do it for everything, and my kids and wife often just forget to and waste time watching commercials.

3 Likes

Voted. More choice is good, more control is better. :slight_smile:

Is this a limitation of Comskip itself, or just not an implemented feature? Would be awesome to to disable comskip on a per pass basis.

2 Likes