Commerical Skipping?

Is there a way to edit a season to pass to tell Channels to not run commercial detection on certain program/season passes. If not, is this a feature we can get?

You can edit a recorded show on the web UI to disable commercial detection

Care to explain how?

And I don't want to edit a recorded show. I want to disable commercial detention on certain season passes. So it doesn't attempt to detect the commercials at all for that specific season pass.

1 Like

If you go to a list of recordings for a show you can click on the gear icon.

That works if the show is already recorded then I can select that for future recording but that does me no good if the show hasn't been recorded yet and I don't have any previous recorded shows to access that setting. Why can't that setting me added when setting up a season pass?

You can go the opposite route:

Uncheck the "Detect Commercials" option under the "Basic Setup" section, and then selectively enable commercial detection for series after the fact.

The problem is that the web UI is limited, and as I understand it was not really intended to be a primary interface. To this end, the option for enabling/disabling commercial detection is only visible from the Recordings view of program, and the options drop-down is only present if there is at least one recording of that program. Otherwise, you get a blank screen with the text: "No recordings found for show."

I use the web ui as my primary way to set up recording. Your way is another way to do it. Also, as with the other way, kind of cumbersome. But I digress.

I would like to see that too based on passes or channels I have certain channels that do not have commercials and it still runs ... It is a waste of resources. Processing channels that do not require processing only delays others that need processing.

1 Like

I agree that it would be nice to have commercial detection available by default, but have the option to disable it by channel numbers or season pass or individual recording. Some channels don't have ads during a show/movie, like TCM, PBS, etc. What run comskip on them?

2 Likes

Y’all feel me! It just makes sense to add this little option. I have no idea if it’s easy or not to add as a menu option but again, I digress.