Community Channels

You need to configure your router to forward port 8089 TCP to your PC. Until you do that and portchecker.co says its open, it won't work.

I read what your saying, but I'm not computer savvy. Yes I can log on to my router, but where do I look for or how do I find port forwarding on admin settings?

Port forwarding has to be done on your router. You have to forward port 8089 to what ever IP your server is on in the router.

Search google for your router model number and "port forward" and you will find instructions.

No Sir, I'm looking for instructions on YouTube. I went to router settings. I clicked on port forwarding. This isnt easy as it looks. I'm getting frustrated because I dont know the 8089 IP address. I know my ip address. 198.168.1.1 of course that's alot of routers addresses by default.
Is there a way by video someone can show a step by step instructions adding Remote dvr from away from home? Or maybe call me by phone and talk me through this?

Do you have any friends or family that are more technically savvy? That would probably be the best possibility for getting the static IP configured on your DVR server machine and port forwarding set on your router.

Yes I do. In fact I am taking screen shots of what computer is reading out and I will get with I.T. at the school i work at. I will ask about port fwd. And what 8089 actually means. Thank You for your advise.

The IP of your PC is 192.168.1.28. That's the IP you need to set in the port forwarding on your router.