Community Channels

How does this actually work? I'm not seeing any channels on my hdhomerun dvr.

Can you be a bit more specific? Have you installed channels DVR and added the hdhomerun as a source? Are you using an antenna with the hdhomerun or a cable service?

I've installed hdhomerun, it only specifies to scan channels off antenna, because that's where I actually connected my HD antenna to. Now I'm a paying sling subscriber, I want to have this Hdhomerun dvr linked up with my sling subscription. This is where my question is. How do I actually do this?

On your PC where you installed the DVR, set up your hdhomerun and then click Add Source and select Sling

Will do. Thank You

Cannot find it on my PC. I'm not computer savvy. Will you send step by step instructions or picture directions.?

I dont understand why I have to install dvr on my computer when I bought the DVR duel Quardo with 150 hours of recording.

That SCRIBE unit only works with HDHomeRun's DVR service. If you want to use our service, you need a PC or NAS and you have to install our DVR software from getchannels.com/dvr-server

I did that last night. I played $35 and when I tried to install on my computer is started I needed to create a file with distinct name then something about not enough space cause I either needed more memory space on laptop.

Now I'm going to purchase a 2tb external hard drive for laptop. Does my computer need to be running continuously?

If you're going to use HDHomeRun DVR then you should post on forum.silicondust.com and you don't need a laptop.

If you want to use Channels DVR, then you can return the SCRIBE and get a regular CONNECT, and install our software on your laptop. Your computer will need to be running all the time.

Note that HDHR DVR is $35/yr, and our Channels DVR is $8/mo (or $80/yr).

Ok got that. I wasn't aware of computer running all the time. It did work. now Im trying to get channels away from home. little issues here

I checked firewall and don't see where to allow access for channels DVR

even went to chrome as default

Did you try automatic first? Often Channels will be able to open the necessary ports for you. If that doesn’t work, you should set a static IP on your server computer, and set the port forward manually in your router. It’s typically called “port forwarding” or something similar.

There are not many Sling channels that work with Tve, you will be disappointed.

What does (Remote Access is enabled but we can not reach your server. Please ensure that port 8089 has been properly forwarded from your router to the IP address of the computer you installed Channels DVR Server on. ??????

Does portchecker.co show 8089 as open?

Ran a trouble shoot on my computer. Computer states. " your computer appears to be configured but the devise Detected or resource (6cc27fb9ed13.channeldvr.net) is not responding

What does mean?