Confused by "verified" for commercials

I feel like I'm behind the times a bit, but I haven't been able to find the details by poking around. For the first time today, I noticed the green "verified" tag by some of my recordings in the web interface. The hover text tells me that that means "Commercials Verified". It's obviously different from the normal comskip commercial detection, based on what I am seeing marked or not marked with that tag.

• What does "verified" mean? (I hope it doesn't mean, "we checked, and we have verified that this show contains commercials" :slight_smile: )
  • Who or what is doing the verification? I'm sure it's not me since some of the shows with the tag have not yet been watched in my house.
  • I've seen references to manually verifying commercials. Is that something within the Channels UI, or are people using something external along with a Channels API?

Sorry for asking such fundamental questions, but I haven't been able to turn up this info so far on support site or by searching the forums.

It just means you edited the commericals yourself. Or at least you opened the editor, verified that comskip was correct and then saved it :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, that is definitely not what it means. I noticed it on some new recordings that showed up overnight, and I saw the tags in the series listing before opening any of the episodes or doing anything else with them.

1 Like

Some sources have smart detection so those will appear as verified

1 Like