Connect to IPTV without Homerun

It wasn't until after I installed the DVR server that I read that I it needed Homerun to operate. Or does it? How do I connect to my IPTV provider as it is not listed in the options?

An HDHomeRun is not required. It's just one of many sources to use to add live TV to your Channels setup.

You can add your own live web streaming channels with the Custom Channels feature:

how do I do this on NVidia Shield?

1 Like

You need to install Channels DVR Server to an always on computer or NAS device and subscribe to the service.

on my NVidia Shield the app keeps telling that I do not have Homerun installed. I have installed My Cloud it detects it on my PC but not my Shield

You must be using "Channels for HDHomeRun" app which only works with HDHomeRun

You need "Channels Whole Home DVR" app

1 Like

nope, i am using the correct app. On my pc it shows that Playon Cloud is selected but it will not load anything. It reads Guide data is still downloading. Check back in a few minutes.

2 Likes

i am using the Channels Whole Home DVR app and it still won't work

Did you add your provider?

You would need to check Support > Logs to see what errors are happening that is causing the guide not to load.

How do I add my provider? it is iptvcanada.tv

Add Source > Custom Channels

I thought I could use PlayOn Cloud?

I thought you said you already added PlayOn and were trying to add your provider?

I am trying to add provider I paste the URL that is given to me from their website and I keep getting timed out.

FYI your provider is illegal

Here is how to spot them.

Thanks! I only got their service for a month as I want to cancel cable. I just bought Fubo TV and everything is loading fine. I also have Discovery +

Channels does not support or work with those illegal/questionable random iptv services.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.