Connection Lost Error While Watching Live TV

Over the last several days, I have had repeated issues with Channels giving me a ‘Connection Lost’ error when watching live TV. I read some of the other threads about this issue and tuner sharing seemed to be a common reason for this error.
Tuner sharing is off and has been turned off, so that is not the issue. I have been using Channels on my Apple TV since February and have never experienced anything like this. Over the course of an evening of watching TV, I get the error 3-4 times. After hitting menu and selecting the same channel on the guide, it takes me right back to the live video.

My setup:

Apple TV (5th Generation)- Connected via 802.11ac WiFi.
HDHomeRun Connect
Channels for tvOS version 3.1.1

see what happens if you plug the ATV in via ethernet. If you don’t have the problem, then you will know that the issue is your WiFi.

This sounds like a bad network connection between the ATV and the HDHR. Possibly something is up with your wifi signal.

I too have seen a few times. But in both cases I believe it was either Spectrum or my Netgear router. It was brief and I didn’t have the time to diagnose before the network returned.