Considering Channels again but have an important UK query

Before I go out and purchase a new HDHomeRun again I have an important query before I jump back into Channels again.
About a year ago I bought a HDHomeRun and tried out Channels App on my Apple TV. The biggest I had with it was that with living in the UK, sometimes TV schedules can sometimes change which means that shows can start earlier or finish later.
The issue I had was that when I recorded a show, sometimes it would start later and finish later or start earlier and finish earlier which meant I sometimes either missed the begging or the end of a show - this is quite annoying as most TV boxes in the UK have the feature to know the TV programming information and auto-update so that schedules remain unaffected. In the UK this is known as “EIT p/f” and I know it has been referenced in the below thread:

EIT p/f has not yet been implemented in Channels DVR.

Is this planned? Is there any workaround for this?

Honestly it’s pretty hard for us to develop UK specific features, since we don’t have access to UK devices or streams for testing. Unless I move to the UK, the likelihood that this will be implemented in the near future is low.

The best workaround for now is to setup your passes with start/end padding so they don’t miss anything.

@chriscundy I usually set everything to start 1 minute early and end 3 minutes late. That catches 99% of programmes.

@tmm1 I’d be happy to help with testing EIT p/f any way I can. Is there some way I could set up remote access to one of my HDHR tuners for you? Maybe a VPN or something?

3 Likes

I'd help with this too @tmm1