Context Cancelled

When I try to add AT&T to TVE, I get a context cancelled error. What does this mean? I am running the
2021.07.09.1932 beta.

thanks

Is this DSM7?

I had a failure today with “context cancelled” for ID channel via TVE (Spectrum). Tried to rescan the channel and also get “context cancelled.” Latest pre-release, DSM 7. Submitted diagnostics as 3c05187c-afb8-4be3-8b30-422b688440ed

Still getting the same error for ID (Investigation Discovery) today. I’m on a recent pre-release, is it still working for everybody else?

Do other Discovery Network channels work? That's the first troubleshooting step to take.

(Also, are you also using AT&T as your SSO provider? If not, why did you hijack this thread? Is there another similarity?)

Can you SSH in and run this command then send all the output to [email protected]

ps auxx
pstree

Afterwards, try restarting the dvr service. If that doesn't work you may need to reboot the NAS.

The error messages are the same, and I’m on DSM 7, so I thought they might be related . I’ll test the other discovery networks and start a new thread with the details.

I do not have any problem logging on to AT&T using their Apple TV app.

same here with 7/16 upgrade. context cancels.

Any update with the context cancelled error?

Did you click and hold the Sign In button after entering your TVE login?