Continuously having to log OUT then IN on iOS app for remote DVR

Very often when I am away from my house and open Channels app I have to log out then in again for it to see my dvr.

2 Likes

I’ve been having to do this too. Sometime with my family’s Apple TV it does it. I don’t know if you have to re login after every DVR update?

I noticed this as well during a recent trip I took. I had the issue on both my iPad and iPhone.

Same.

Any input from the devs on this?

I’m not sure why but this never happens to me.

I plan to investigate this week and maybe add a Refresh button so you don’t have to do the whole logout/login dance.

I know your trying to make it super friendly for the everyday user to connect remotely… but maybe you can add a field to let us type in our home ip and port to connect directly back to the dvr box.

It’s a little more than that because the log in flow provides secure tokens to ensure security between your home server and remote devices.

The latest version of Channels has a reconnect button. Has that helped?

I havent been logged off yet to see if this helps.

I’m remote this week and reconnect has worked for me.

1 Like

I clicked reconnect. I get forbidden 403

but if i log out and and in again

it works

bump

When you get that 403 error, can you open iOS safari and visit https://my.channelsdvr.net and click on the Log to see if it shows any errors

no errors
was able to sign in without issue.

Just wanted to let you know that I had the problem. The reconnect option didn’t work but when I logged out and logged back it, it worked just fine.

Happened to me again last night on my apple tv

This was the same for me on iOS today.

Same issue here. Both tvOS and iOS