CRASH - Channels: Whole Home DVR on ATV4K v5.6.3

That's the only one I could find.

Is the only way to install a previous version is to use the TestFlight?

Mine has been crashing too. If I wake the Apple TV from sleep then launch it (or switch to it), it loads but then a few seconds later it closes. Reopening it seems to work….for now….just irritates my wife.
Have not had the issue just yet where I could not get it to stay loaded at all but it is frustrating that os crashes on each initial load.

Thanks,
Scott

Afaik, Yes!

Thanks! Nice workaround but too bad it will expire in 29 days. Hopefully its fixed by then.

Scott

I know it's a holiday weekend, but any updates on this?

I have also been experiencing crashing issues with my ATV 4K model only. I turned off the match content under settings and so far seems to have resolved my issues.

Bumping this since the Testflight build expires soon.

1 Like

Nevermind…all seemed well for a few days now it crashed twice tonight. Looking forward to a fix soon!

Mine is also crashing now, but it happened after I tried to add a new source for Chrome capture and then messed around with channel number assignments because I didn't like the way that I assigned them initially. After that it started crashing repeatedly. I have a fire TV stick and the app does not crash on that.

I'm in the testflight beta and can let someone know what my Apple ID is if they want to check the log.

EDIT: deleted and reinstalled the app and it's working now, I guess something got corrupted on the client side. Much thanks to Jon at support for the suggestion! You guys are the best.

I know these things take time to fix but since the version of 5.4.2329 will expire soon, is there any possible way to extend that so we can still use it until the problem is resolved?

Thanks,
Scott

Unfortunately without knowing what is going wrong and what caused it, it isn't possible for us to release a build that fixes it. We don't have any control over the expiration.

It appears that there may be multiple different issues going on. I see crash logs from @JayfromtheBay92 that indicate lots of crashes due to excessive memory use, but don't see anything from anyone else that has commented on the thread.

When I get home from work today, I will open the latest version and send the logs when it crashes.

Thanks,
Scott

Switched to the current version, opened fine. Went to Emby and watched a little. Went back to Channels and it started to open then crashed and took me back to the main ATV screen. Was able to reopen Channels after that. This has been what it's been doing. Older version does not have this issue.

Sent the logs right after, hopefully they help diagnose the problem. Please let me know if you find anything or anything else I can do.

Thanks,
Scott

@swindmiller Can you try the latest TestFlight beta? We have some improvements that may help out.

You can join our TestFlight beta program by visiting Channels — Beta Program from an iPhone or iPad and then downloading the TestFlight app on your Apple TV.

If you do not have an iPhone or iPad please email your Apple ID email address to [email protected] and we can add you.

So far, it seems to be working!

Latest )TestFlight) version now opens and plays on my ATV! Will continue to use and monitor

How has your test been @Duggie264?
I just installed the latest Test Flight as of today. What I did experience was this:
I forced closed the working (5.4.2329) version, updated to the latest Test Flight as of 7-23 I think.
When I first reopened the app after upgrading it did start to open and then close right away. I was able to reopen without issue. I shut it down (powered off my tv which puts the ATV to sleep) several times and went back in and it seemed to work fine...so far. Let me give it a few more days to see if it acts up again or if it's fixed.
Hopefully it is, 5.4.2329 expires in 7 days so we really don't have a choice.

Scott

All been good so far, although I am still on the version from 8 days ago (can’t recall the version no. off of the top of my head). If there is a newer version, I have not updated to latest version as I am away in FL for the next couple of weeks

1 Like