Crashing issue on SHIELD (UK H264)

I wasn’t debugging at the time but I did have the issue again yesterday just when normally skipping to find the start of the programme

I tried 1.0.4 today on Shield 2017. Had 1 ANR seeking a recording of the Olympics. After that Channels would just show spinner then ANR every time I tried to play anything. Rebooting Shield fixed it. I am signed up to beta. I assume 1.0.4 retail is the latest build even for beta users.

PS no crashes on Fire TV 2 since the last beta was released. FTV3 seems more fickle though but I’m not using it much.

I also have a Nexus Player. Any point testing with this given it is no longer made although still supported - has Oreo which the Shield doesn’t yet.

Just so you know, I’m still having the issues with the ANR. For the first time at the weekend it happened during a live show. I was 10 minutes behind live time and skipped forward past some adverts, but skipped back once and it hung. Had to do the usual full shield reboot to get it working again.

1 Like

I think I finally figured this out… was a bug triggered only on H264 interlaced video which is prevalent in the UK. Should be fixed in v1.0.10

1 Like

Excellent, I’ll try this out

1 Like

What’s the verdict so far?

Only just got to testing today, but sadly it still happens. I sent a play store report with the text “anr again”