Crashing on Apple TVs

Hello, I also need some help with this issue, please, I just submitted a Diagnostic log (at 9:45pm EDT on 03/16/2024) from one of my ATVs where the Channels app just crashed while navigating in the UI, this happens regularly. Pic in Pic also seems to make things worst so I've turned that off here too but it is not helping much.

ATV Client version: 5.8.1
tvOS: 17.4 (21L227)
ChannelsDVR Server: 2024.02.29.0351

Please note this is happening also on my ATV4K second gen, which is a much newer generation that this one, so it is not hardware specific.

Please advise this is getting pretty annoying.

There seem to be some weird images in your xmltv data causing some bug

Thank you for your reply, I'm caching the images using Threadfin (Xteve), and that shows jpg and png files only, but I've noticed some of the image files were a bit bigger than others (up to 8MB for a single file) so created a script that resizes the images in the cache directory that are bigger than 150KB while preserving the aspect ratio, this is now helping a lot, the app hasn't crashed since I applied this work-around, but I think it would be awesome if we could do that in the from the ChannelsDVR backend.

I've created a new ticket request for this by the way.

This is something we'd like to do in the future as well, but as of now, if your provided third party data is supplying 8MB images, that's absolutely not compatible with the app.

It sounds like you got a good solution though!