Creating Specific Advanced Pass

If I want to create an Advanced Pass for a specific show, but not by series title, can I use the series ID and if so how would I look it up and where?

Thanks!

Rob

You'd need the seriesId. Unfortunately, I'm not certain how to search for that value.

Using creative scraping on Zap2It you can find the tmsId of a series. However, it doesn't easily correlate to the seriesId/rootId, which is what Channels uses.

If the show is listed in the guide, you can get SeriesID by creating a season pass and then choosing "Advanced" in the drop down list for that season pass. Delete the season pass and create a new one using the SeriesID.

If the show is not in the guide, the only want I know to get the SeriesID is to subscribe to the Gracenote API and do a search. You can get a developer account with Gracenote, but will have to request a higher level of access to accomplish this.

I use this method to create season passes when I hear about new shows that are months in the future, but I don't want to wait for the show to appear in the guide.