Custom Channel MPEG-TS only plays 60 seconds

Using ONN Android, Firestick 4K.
The MPEG-TS is Source Text with the HTTP.
I am testing an MPEG-TS stream which plays fine for about 60 seconds, then it stops.
"Connection to the tuner was lost press Play to try again."
If I press the OK button/Play button it starts up again for another 60 seconds or so.
It plays in VLC but does a very short millisecond pause every 60 seconds or so, then automatically resumes.
Question:
Is there a way within CDVR to "Reload" or Resume the stream automatically as in VLC??
Maybe with a reload/resume parameter of some kind at the end of the HTTP?
I have tried pausing for 60+ seconds then playing,
various Settings; Auto Play, Software decoder, etc
Nothing works.
Thanks for any ideas suggestions.

1 Like

That would be nice. The only way I know of to do that is record the channel. Channels DVR might show it as interrupted and continue recording. If it's an HLS (and not MPEG-TS) stream you can then view the debug recording log to see what happened to the stream. With an MPEG-TS stream, the DVR log won't show anything except for closing and re-opening the connection at the interruption.

1 Like

UPDATE:
PS I tried with Direct and Stream, Direct seems to wok better.
I finally tried recording.
I was watching my mpeg-ts custom channel, it works for maybe 5 minutes then
"Connection to the tuner lost..."
I press play it continues.
I also started a Recording.
I know there were more Connection to tuner lost messages but it did continue recording till the end of the requested time block even tho I did not Press Play or anything again.
When playing the recording it would Repeat a segment every so often, I assume when the Connection was lost, then resume recording with no loss noticeable.
Seems like it repeated and re-recorded the interrupted segment which was short apprx 1 minute or so,
then whatever followed with nothing missing.
Not too bad, I wonder why the live stream waits for me to press play but the recording does not??
I wonder if there is a way to have the live stream continue playing, even with the segment backup and restart.

Does the recording show an interrupted flag?
Did you look at the dvr log?

HLS is recommended for reliable internet streaming

1 Like

Yes it shows an Interrupted flag, but the whole 50 minute time block seems to have recorded.
Yes i looked at the log.
I shows the connection being closed and opened, closed and opened, each time connection lost I suspect,
as you would hope it would do with the live play, even if the live play repeated a small segment.
Otherwise no problem reported.
I can send some of the log if needed.

I'd love to usse HLS but it's not an m3u per se,
when I tried HLS in Custom Channel setuup it said the stream appears to be an MPEG-TS
so I switched to that, and it nearly works.
It seems like the address that ends in m3u actually points to an MPEG.!!!
When I play it in VLC
the first line ends with the .m3u and under that is a slightly indented 2nd entry which is the MPEG.

I'd love to have a little insight or understanding of WHY an mpeg-ts drops connection.
Is it coming in too slow? Is there a "wait" parameter that can be lengthened for mpeg?
Is it coming in too fast and cannot be handled? Is there a way to throttle the input bitrate or something?
How can one tell what the problem is?
Thanks for any information or possible fixes.
It's not my internet speed, it's always > 200 download and no heavy users, usually just me.

You have to check the logs to see what happened.