Custom Channels via M3U - Emby

Like a lot of us I have been playing around with this new feature. I just wanted to share my experiences and perhaps receive others.

I am an Emby guy and I have come back to Channels for some features still missing in Emby.

Using Channels I am able to combine all of my many HDHR tuners, TVE and now Pluto channels into just 2 M3U files (eventually 1 file). Adding these to Emby is/was pretty seamless and painless. The end user (in an Emby client) experience is VERY smooth.

I set up Docker to serve the files locally, I have pointed Channels to these files for the source setup.. I have output an M3U from channels (using stream.mpg?format=ts option) and added channel numbers to it which I then used to set up an M3U tuner in Emby. I don't know if that will work as a long term solution if the links for Pluto channels change from time to time.

Anyone have thoughts on this setup?

Overall my experience has been VERY good. I have done recordings from Pluto (using Emby) and they were handled without issue. Playback has been near perfect - an occasional pause and on one occasion I was viewing a channel and it looped back to the beginning one time after that it was fine.

Please do give me your thoughts, tricks and experiences.