Custom Pass Number for Keep/Limit like for Padding

Please add the ability to set a custom limit for passes both limit and keep settings. Like the custom setting for padding.

Below please find my justification

Passes need a Simple option to keep "Last 2 Only" and an Advanced option limit "2 recordings"

The situation is for a daily news program "America Reports" on Fox News Channel which airs on weekdays in 2 consecutive 1 hour blocks with the same SeriesID. If The preferred keep "Last 1 Only" for news is selected then only the second block is stored. If "Last 3 Only" is selected then an extra copy of the program is needlessly stored.

Show option settings allow me to set "Watch Newest First" for all my daily news, and I like to turn off for "America Reports" Since it records 2 consecutive blocks. Unfortunatley without a "Last 2 Only" or Limt "2 recordings" option on the pass then the setting of watching from oldest to newest will pick up one program from yesterday and then the 2 from today.

Possible solutions

• Make guide for "America Reports" a 2 hour block and use existing Keep 1 Limit 1.
  • Add Keep last 2 only to pass
  • Add Limit 2 recordings option to pass
  • create a new Smart rule feature using relative dates "Today, Yesterday,...." for (Collections, Playlists)
  • ignore and just suck it up.

Thanks

Beware that if you manually hack values anywhere in Channels that are not in an expected set, you are eligible to break UI and could break your whole set up.

So beware.

@Maddox Thanks for the heads, up. I have no intention of implementing any hacks, was hoping to get this implemented. That's why the suggestion.

To be clear, my comment was in reply to a post that was deleted that had suggested manually updating this with private http APIs

(Not trying to expose you @chDVRuser, just providing context :wink:)

Deleted the post because I don't want to be blamed for breaking someone's UI or whole set up.

I realize all the hacks we do using your private APIs are subject to stop working anytime you change them. In fact, most of the OliveTin for Channels scripts could stop working.

I did change my default padding a long time ago because I wanted a choice for 2 minutes. At least that is still working :grinning:

I voted