CW via Locast - no sound

I just started donating to Locast since my outdoor antenna doesn't provide a seamless experience for the basic OTA channels. I connected it to Channels but for some reason CW/PIX11 is the only channel that does not have sound. There is sound in the actual Locast app. This is both on the Apple TV app and also the iOS app. Every other channel has sound from what I can tell.

Would appreciate support for this! CW is the main channel I watch :slight_smile:

How about their website? Remember, Channels' support for Locast, TV Everywhere, and other similar web-based streams comes from the app basically masquerading as a web browser. Often, services put one stream in their app, and a different stream on their website. In order to have a 1:1 check about where the problem might be, use the stream from the service's website for comparison, and not the app.

(As an addendum, Locast frequently has hiccups with their streams. Losing audio for an entire evening in a single channel happens more than you might think.)

It works with sound on their website. Also, this has been happening since yesterday, but I assume longer. Yesterday is only the first day I personally tried it.

If you make a recording and click View Details, does it show an audio track?

Where is "View Details"? I clicked Record for CW but I don't see that button

On the web UI when you find that recording

Track #0: MPEG-2 video
1920x1080 16:9 yuv420p interlaced 29.97fps

Track #1: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
5.1(side) eng 384kbps

Track #2: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
stereo spa 192kbps

Looks like it. I wonder why there would be no sound then...

Please click Support > Submit Diagnostics from the Apple TV after trying to play that recording

That looks like it wasn't a Locast source. 1080i MPEG-2, 5.1DD EN, and 2.0 Stereo AC/3 ES. Looks more like an OTA recording.

For comparison, here's a recording from my CW affiliate via Locast:
Track #0: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
1280x720 16:9 yuv420p progressive 30.00fps

Track #1: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
stereo 220.5kbps

Ok I did that. When I watched the recording, it was showing interrupted footage that you would see from an antenna. I also heard some sound. I'm wondering if the app recorded from my HDHomeRun instead of from Locast.

Maybe I should remove the tuner from Channels?

Yeah, so, that's weird. I disabled the tuner's source. I don't know why it chose to record from there.

Track #0: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
1280x720 16:9 yuv420p progressive 30.00fps

Track #1: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
stereo 187.875kbps

Ok I believe it is now properly recording from Locast. Still do not hear any audio though.

I submitted another diagnostics (this time from my iPhone) after watching the correct Locast recording

Please email the mpg file to support

The recording has the audio! But the live stream does not. What do you think the issue could be there? I sent the MPG file anyways.

Ok all of a sudden audio now works for live stream. Hmmmm...

Will report back if any issues...

1 Like