Date recorded

I still cannot tell when the shows are from, just seeing their series start date for all 3 episodes of a show. Not sure if I have today’s or not till I watch and realize I am watching an older recording.

I’m a bit confused. Help me out here.

Why is the date they were recorded important, when you have their airing date? If you’re recording New items, then they’re almost always certainly the same date. If you’re recording old items, what does it really even matter when they were recorded?

It’s showing the premiere date on all episodes thus I won’t know what dates they were recorded.

I’m having trouble understanding the workflow this is preventing.

Thanks!

So this is most likely to do with the 2nd line which in other shows are episode titles or numbers. In my 2 international channel, it has 2 lines. The name of the show and then below it looks like the date it premiered or first started. So all recordings for that show will show the same dates (which is the premiere date) instead of the episode number or title. Thus we are requesting if date recorded can be included to help us determine the date order of watching for this shows, especially if we have lots of them recorded.

The same date display for news shows, etc. is only on ATV, the web ui is OK.

What happens is, if a recording does not have a season/episode number, it is not shown. So it’s just Title/Episode Title.

If there is no actual episode title for a recording, it shows the airing date instead. That’s the logic that is used and why some recordings show dates.

Then of course, in some views it shows the Airing date for historical sakes.

We understand the logic, however it is confusing to pick the correct airing as they are all dated the same. Some of this confusion would be eliminated with being able to pick “keep 1”, at least for our home.

Others may have other issues, when the 3+ thumbnails shown (episodes w/out s/e info) and all have the same date, e.g. 1999.

The request is having a recording date, or someway, to differentiate between all the thumbnails, same as web ui.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I see now :blush:

I missed that part.

Any chance of a “twofor” :smiling_imp:

1. Airing or recording date on tvOS, for shows without s/e
  2. Keep 1 option added

I foresee more requestors on the keep 1 option, as Channels becomes the number 1 DVR solution for all. :innocent:

+1 for this. I’d really like to see “Keep only 1 newest episode”.

Any progress on adding recorded or actual airing date to display on ATV recordings for shows without S#/E#.

Web UI has this, but ATV doesn’t…making one guess which thumbnail is representative of the correct showing one wants to view.

News, some sports events and many daily shows are examples of these non-dated shows.

+1 for this.

Still hoping for a fix on date recorded on ATV (for recordings with no S#/E#) so that display mimics that of Web UI (has date recorded).

The only way to view the desired recording on the ATV is to count episodes backward from latest.

Mostly a hit/miss game, still.

Having the same issue since day one of the DVR beta. We record many episodes of our local news and they are all dated Jan 20th, 2009. We can’t tell at a glance which episode is which when revisiting under the Recordings area.

I’m having the same issue with locals news not showing the recorded/date air info correctly. The DVR has also stopped recording late night shows like the tonight show and the late night show. I noticed with these type of shows it shows the wrong date as well. Not sure if this is the reason they have stopped recording or another reason.

I just looked at the st. Patrick’s day parade and the date was Jan 1, 2000.

I think I recorded it more recently than that.

This is on our radar this week.

Awesome. This will be a nice addition!

A beta build with this fix is now available for testing in Beta testing next Apple TV release

This issue was resolved in v2.1.27

This is resolved at the series level view when you can see several episodes along the bottom – but when you select an individual episode, the episode data goes back to the old date (1999 or 2006 and such.)