Dealing with Commercials Remotely

I have two locations connected on LAN with site-to-site. (Both have channels DVR but using different sources.)

Site A (has yttv) is so I can record location based sports I want to play at site B although site A only has 10Mb upload. This is too slow (IMO) to comfortably FF thru commercials.

Looking for ideas but my thought is to create a channels proxy container which will provide an m3u of a few specific channels with a shared guide to Site B. (I'll relay new job requests to site A yttv channels.)

The proxy (at site A) container will use inotify to know when channels writes new mpg data to disk and I'll send this data in request to Site B Channels so data is stored locally.

[As an aside, I do something similar to get HDHR from site B to site A when I'm at A and it works great.]

Thoughts? How do you handle this issue?

1 Like

You could just use rsync / robocopy to copy the files from B to A (in a new folder) and then add that folder into A's additional sources. That would get the files moved over as soon/fast as possible on the 10MBs link, whereupon they would just appear as additional media in the Library section.