Dedicated Skip Forward / Backward buttons in iOS Remote app

Requesting dedicated skip forward and skip backward "buttons" to iOS Remote app.

The skip forward (30 secs) and skip backward (7 secs) functionality is available by touching the appropriate areas in the top section of the Remote app, but dedicated buttons on either side of the MENU button would be easier to use.

Similar to:

This functionality is only provided while using the system provided video player. This works for other apps because they use it. It’s not something they have to implement. It just comes free.

Channels uses it’s own custom video player in order to play back the format that the HDHomeRun provides.

Understood. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Not sure if it was intentional or a side effect of the improved support for universal remotes that was just added, but these buttons are now present in the remote app.

They work perfectly – including the double tap to skip commercials!

Yes this was added in 2.1.17

I don’t see any skip forward button

Weird. What are your seek settings set to.

This is clearly a bug.

I have custom setting of one minute forward (I believe I set that in the terminal). Reverse is default.

Any resolution for this issue?

That’s why you don’t see a seek icon. You’ve hacked in your own setting that isn’t part of our supported set, so there’s no icon for it.

Can you please add a one minute skip option?

As of the latest Test Flight beta, the app will use generic seek icons without a duration indicator if the seek durations are set to unsupported durations, via an unsupported manner.

1 Like