Direct TV: Authn: 401 : Data not found

Logs have been submitted as 4194a6ae-3100-4cff-83bb-7dcfa05e5795 .

It's a cat/mouse game with the networks and auth servers. I went for a week where I couldn't add Xfinity on multiple servers.

that's fair, but it's not worth it for me to pay $80/yr for this to record TVE when i can just pay DTVS $10/mo for unlimited DVR and at least i know that'll always work (for the most part).

when it just worked without me having to continually monitor it, it was worth the $80/yr...but if i'm going to have to jump through hoops all the time, i'm not sure. as it stands right now, i'm unable to get ANY value out of the software.

Yah, I understand the frustration.
I don't rely on TVE as I know it's Beta, it and streaming are not 100% reliable and I have an HDHR Prime. I only use a few TVE channels because they're in HD and my Xfinity sub has them in SD via my HDHR Prime.
But I was still frustrated when I couldn't add Xfinity TVE for a week, just because it should have worked.

it's more the frustration of having something that worked so well for so long just suddenly stop working without any indication as to why. if i were earlier on in my yearly subscription rather than being due for renewal next month, i'd be super pissed having paid for a year of something i can't even use.

i know it's technically beta, but i literally never had a single issue with it until recently. that's where the real frustration lies. originally (back when locast was a thing) i actually barely even touched my DTVS sub, because channels w/ locast integrated and TVE for the cable channels just always worked, and all the recordings were local for me...now we're at the point unfortunately where i may have to ditch it and use DTVS exclusively. i would hate to give them more money, but i may not have a choice.

Just curious since you didn't mention it.
Which Providers did you try adding back since you updated the container image and Channels DVR to latest pre-release. Did they all fail to add?

i've only been trying DTVS since that was always the easiest. i haven't even attempted xfinity...granted it might not be safe to assume that it won't work, but that has always been the biggest PITA of the three.

honestly i'm afraid to remove anything now since i can't get DTVS to re-add after removing it.

Can you try turning off your network ad blocker and see if that helps your situation?

no change.

Does the tve error screenshot lend any useful info?http://server.ip:8089/providers/tve/error_screenshot.png

Can you try the other ones? Direct TV sometimes does have this sort of problem with their backend servers.

I've had the same error in the past with Xfinity.
Two weeks ago I had it when a recording started on Reelz and it retried starting the recording a few times before it was able to finally re-authenticate and record.
I never submitted diagnostics because Channels DVR was able to auth and record (just delayed the start of the recording).

xfinity fails, asking me to verify my mobile number (but i have no way of inputting the number that it sent to my cell phone). i can log in via web but it asks me to verify there too.

better than the random 401 error i guess, but still not usable. almost 24 hours later btw, directv login still doesn't work.

edit: turned off 2FA and now it has been sitting spinning on "verifying login on xfinity" for about five minutes.

edit 2: at least xfinity is now loading after i turned off 2FA. the overwhelming majority of my channels come from DTVS though, so i really need that to be fixed.

From what we’ve seen in the past these issues are on the backend of DTV and there’s nothing we’ve found we can do about it.

does this mean that DTVS is no longer supported then, or is this usually a temporary thing?

Historically it's been a temporary thing that eventually fixes itself.

1 Like

Channels does not support 2FA. I had that issues with Xfinity, they forced enabled 2FA, multiple times. I removed phone number from account and that stopped it. (it a secondary non-billing account i only use for Channels, so it does not need a phone number)

1 Like

yep, like i said in the edit i figured that out after poking around in the settings (i hadn't turned it on myself so i didn't even think to look for a way to turn it off). i use the same setup, created a secondary account for channels.

DTVS still isn't working, though.

I've been following this thread and wanted to share that my DirecTV Stream has not been working with TVE since June with the same "authn: 401: Data not found" error and I haven't been able to fix it despite posting on the forums and emailing support.

So I wouldn't expect it to suddenly start working @crackers8199.