DirecTV/AT&T auth changes

not here. Same version as you and the three channels I got logged out of yesterday still will not authorize.

That is what previously happened with Discovery and AMC networks channels.

Like I previously said, it looks like DirecTV is changing their backend auth system, so TVE in Channels will need to be modified to work with it. And as Aman mentioned earlier in the thread, it's a non-trivial change to make, so it may be a bit.

1. The problem is acknowledged and known
  2. It is being worked on
  3. It is not an easy fix, so it will take time
  4. Be patient

Sounds like my issue was different to everyone else's anyway but I eventually downloaded the directv app, logged in and out and have re-added it as a source in Channels and everything back to normal now except CBS for some reason.

When logging into my directv account via browser I received a terms agreement page a few days ago but haven't received it since so that may be why I'm not having the same issue at the moment (fingers crossed).

I also upgraded to pre-release version 2021.12.01.0035 and rescanned all channels. Now it's working again on all three DVRs.

Sidenote: rescanning without upgrading did not ameliorate the problem.

If you pick one of the affected channels you don’t care about and rescan just that one channel do you lose it?

I picked CMT, did a scan on just it and now get an error message.

notAuthorized: 0070-We updated our app. Just sign out and sign back into AT&T TV or AT&T WatchTV or DirecTV this one time, and you'll be all set!

I was getting that message on multiple channels too. I upgraded, completely removed my DirecTV TVE source, and re-added to do a full channel scan.

A few weird ones failed on the new full scan but I was able to just re-check those 2-3 afterwards and everything is back.

1 Like

Well bust my buttons. I deleted the DTV source, added it back and everything is authorized. Genius.

4 Likes

I, too, decided to go nuclear, and fully remove the DRV source, restart the DVR, and then add it back in. All of the previously failing networks are now authenticating without issue.

2 Likes

Ditto. I was sweating for a while because it took forever (several minutes, unusually long) to get passed authentication of NBC (the first channel). Finally got my 181 channels back.

Tried the same thing, and while most channels returned as hoped - and one (B10) needed a manual rescan - I am missing my local NBC and FOX stations. Ironically both were working before I removed the source, channels was even recording that NBC channel as I removed the source.

Any tips? Logs sent: 1376da5a-ee71-4af3-87d1-33b1956b7604

ETA: I can't rescan those channels as they don't even appear in the source any more.

Double-check you have the Experimental Option set:

Local Networks via TV Everywhere

Some major metropolitan area offer access to NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS stations via TV Everywhere

To get your locals, make sure that you are accessing your DVR via HTTPS. (Most browsers disable location services over insecure connections.) Even if you're local, access it over HTTPS. Then toggle the Local Networks option, and they should return.

Thanks. Yeah, it's on, got local ABC and PBS on TVE just fine.

Just discovered in the logs:
2021/12/01 17:33:05.962230 [TVE] action=error_response type=Document error=net::ERR_ABORTED url=https://sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/completePassiveAuthentication
2021/12/01 17:33:16.617908 [TVE] failed to discover local NBC station via DTV: authz: 400 Bad Reques

Do you mean CBS? If not, then you need to update your DVR to a newer pre-release. (PBS has been removed from current DVR versions.)

no. PBS indeed. Lost three of four local PBSs in the course of what you describe, but one remained:
2021/12/01 18:11:51.905340 [TNR] Opened connection to TVE-DTV for ch6006 WKLE

Toggling the TVE option while connected through https did indeed bring a "this page wants to know your location..." and it brought back local Fox. So thanks
Local NBC still gone, might have to readd source again?!

In that case, you may want to double check that you are indeed receiving the network. Nearly all PBS streams switched to DRM, which is why they were removed from newer pre-releases. If you get the "Update your app" placard when tuning the channel, then you know it's DRM protected.

In that case, disable the Local Networks, restart the DVR service, access your DVR via HTTPS, then re-enable Local Networks ... sometimes the restart is needed to clear out some cached data.

It definitely still is there and it still is "streaming" - just verified on my hdhr that channels doesn't fallback to Antenna. It does not. (I was as surprised as you are, I am usually in here at least once a week and was following the whole thing, but that channel remained)

Thanks. Didn't do the trick. Can't trigger channels to go look for my local NBC again - going by the logs.
Maybe the lookup is (only?) done when the source is added and not when the checkbox is toggled?! I'll hold out for Aman for a bit and try to re-add if nothing helps. Don't wanna trigger DTV by re-authing to all channels I subscribe to too fast/often :slight_smile:

There are a small number of PBS stations that don't have DRMed streams (for now), most of which had live streams and streaming infrastructure before PBS implemented them for every station. WKLE is one of them.

1 Like

Thank you!

Some have reported deleting and re-adding DirecTV as a source resolved most of their issues. This did not work for me. In fact, I lost 2 additional channels. I'm hopeful the dev team will resolve this as channels updates are frequent.