DirecTV/AT&T auth changes

It looks like the recent DirecTV/AT&T auth changes have hit another swath of networks.

With 2021.11.30.0216, the following networks are no longer authenticating:

• ViacomCBS
  • WarnerMedia
  • Fox (News and Sports)

Ugh, I tested by logging out of one DTV tve source I don’t watch and can’t authorize it now. Tried going to DTV website and reloading in there, but no go for channels.

Hope there is a fix for this

1 Like

Not working with YTTV auth either.

1 Like

Are the error messages the same?

No message, just gives up. I am deleting and reloading my YTTV account now from Channels. Seeing if that works because it was giving me 2FA error.

YTTV working now. Coincidence that my secondary google account for YTTV suddenly would not authorize.

DTV still no go. Went to several websites and logged in using DTV credentials. Could watch on the web app, but Channels won't authorize.

Same here. We have lost access to 63 channels since the DirecTV authorization change. We can access Fox through the FoxNow app but not through Channels, even after the latest beta update. Hopefully there is a resolution soon.

If needed, I can provide HAR for each family of networks.

Diagnostics

Submitted as: 66bcfd3a-e853-4926-8db8-8340d5423d15

Also, I sent an email with HAR captures from successful streaming via the respective websites.

1 Like

Same here. With the "stable" (not beta) server version, tuning one of the channels produces a syntax error. With the beta server (2021.11.30.0216), I get the spinning wheel of death.

I took a screen shot of the Directv channel listing (attached) and am only receiving 106 channels out of 207. All the others say "not authorized".

Note: Perhaps unrelated, but every time I log in to my ATT/Directv account it brings me to a "terms agreement" page.

I did send email to support.

Mine still working. on pre-release 2021.11.23.2219

I too am seeing this on many of channels. For example, Fox channels returns this error. Happy to provide any diagnostics. I am using DirecTV for TVE, with the Channels Raspberry Pi 4 image.

XML syntax error on line 1: invalid character entity &T (no semicolon)

Wont for long. As your current authorizations time out the channels will fail. Don’t do a rescan or they all go bye bye.

Good to know. thank you!

Been troubleshooting this today, woke up and the channels I watch aren't working. Same error with regards to the XML syntax.

I updated to 2021.11.30.2226 beta, rescanned channels and was able to get everything back. Scanning was a little bit slower than I was used to but thankful things are back.

The XML syntax error is a separate issue from the DirecTV/AT&T auth issues. However, I am glad that your situation was resolved.

1 Like

I guess this one is proving to be a challenge to the developers. My DTV renews on the 6th, so I think I will start looking for a suitable replacement just in case.

1 Like

@racameron can you rescan CC/CCP only and then resubmit diagnostics