DirecTV Stream Discovery Channels gone?

Well that narrows it down :grin:

2 Likes

I think that error is from the discovery/science website.

If you follow my instructions from above and load as a new source, you should be fine. Cross logging in affects many channels but not the Discovery channels. You will have to rescan individual channels until they get authorization in your source.

I was getting that trying to re-add the Stream source after deleting all of them. Now, this morning I'm able to add the source again, but the discovery channels are still missing. I will try adding them individually if I can. When I go to edit the channel list, they aren't even in the list at all..

Still no go. Trying to rescan individually still shows no login form.

If that is your Directv Stream Source? If so, go back 1 step and 'x' out all of the Discovery Channels.

Now, add a new source selecting Directv as the provider and let it do the normal scan.
Open that source and 'x' out all channels except the Discovery Channels. Favorite the Discovery channels.
Rescan the Science Channel only until you get the :heavy_check_mark: mark.
Go to Science Channel where you normally watch tv and confirm that it's working.
While watching Science channel, rescan each channel on the Directv source. Do not try on the Directv Stream source, just the Directv source.

You may have to rescan individual channels several times before it authenticates. If one is giving you a hard time, move to the next one.

The 'x' ing out is important because not all channels will accept dual Directv/DirectvStream credentials.

If you get too many errors, take a break then retry.

If you use channel collections, you will have to add the channels back using the new provider.

Yes, that's my stream source. Thanks! I'll give that a try!

1 Like

So I saw there was a new pre-release available today. I installed it and now I get a new and different (different is good, right?) error:

playback info: access.denied.missingpackage: Discovery

The upside is that I followed the instruction to add a new source using DirectV (not stream) and that restored the Discovery Network Channels. I'm wondering if it would be possible to just do a diff between the two sources (Directv Stream and Directv) to see what is causing the issue.

I'm glad to have the channels back. But would prefer to keep my environment clean with only one source.

This will not fix all of the issues with DirecTV, but it will improve reliability of tuning into Discovery channels.

1 Like

Thank you for your continued work on this.

Well, the fix seems to have done more than make Discovery Channels more reliable. I now have the Paramount Channels back (Comedy Central being the biggest one for me).

Thanks for this!

Try going to science channel first. I saw that error when I tried Discovery first. After SC scanned, discovery came back.

2 Likes

Thank you! The new beta does indeed fix the issue. I have all channels back on DirecTV Stream.

1 Like

Updated to the latest pre-release but still having issues. Have run through all the troubleshooting steps, disabled my VPN, etc. The login hangs at the first step (verifying your login on DirecTV Stream - returns "no login form found"). I've submitted logs, any help would be appreciated.

That's very odd that you're getting back empty responses from the authentication server. Could you try disabling IPv6 on the system and see if that helps anything?

1 Like

That did seem to do the trick, thank you.

1 Like