Disable Change Channel Comfirmation

How do I disable the stupid question that comes up if I'm even 1 second behind live when I want to change the channel.

2 Likes

What client device is this happening on, and with which sources?

The warning is not supposed to come up unless there's more than 30s of buffered content. But it sounds like there's a bug somewhere and that's not working correctly.

I might have exaggerated by saying one second. I don't want it to come up ever, its just annoying. There should be a checkbox to disable this completely somewhere.

2 Likes

At the very least, don't have it come inside the PiP window. It.makes channel surfing an unenjoyable experience.

I'm using FireStick BTW.

2 Likes

I wish that were an optional item as well. It's the main reason I ended up using Channels M3u combined with Tivimate for the TV my mom watches on. The question pop up confused her. It doesn't confuse me but I'd turn it off for myself as well. Usually if mine has fallen behind it's a connection issue not because I hit pause on live TV.

add my vote to this. i would also like to disable and while we're at it, maybe make it customizable, 2, 5, 10 ,30, 40 sec, etc..

2 Likes

How can I vote in support of this great feature request?

+1 here too

Is there a way to vote in opposition? :-1:

1 Like

Why would you do that? Are you trying to be a contrarian? :rofl:

I don't understand the purpose of it either. I too would like to see this feature gone also. I always have to quit the app for the popup to go away. Its stupid for it to pop up. I too vote to disable it. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I would also like to see an option to disable it.

1 Like

I wouldn't mind disabling it either....but then again it doesn't make me as angry as OP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add my vote to disable the question. And, as noted earlier, it is particularly a pain with PIP.

1 Like

I would love to see this option also. It really is a pain when it ends up in the PIP. And you end up clicking too many times and have to answer it multiple times.

1 Like

Just curious - Should this topic be moved/recreated under Feature Requests so it can be voted on?

1 Like

Vote away!

2 Likes

I've definitely seen this popping up more often recently. Seems as though there may be a bug as its showing up when 1-2 seconds behind (both local HDHR and m3u sources).

Probably, it was more of a question of how to disable it when I posted, but it seems it would require a code change.

A setting to disable this has been added to the latest TestFlight beta for iOS and tvOS. You can also set the duration for how long behind love you should be warned.

4 Likes