Disable timeline pop up on stream stutter

Not sure if this is specific to Android or a general thing, but if I am watching a live stream that "stutters" (presumably if it runs out of buffer) the timeline bar pops up and then stays on screen for a good few seconds. This is way more disruptive to viewing than the actual stutter itself, which can often be imperceptible.

Is there anywhere I can disable the timeline from popping up in that circumstance?

I have already disabled it from displaying on seek, but that doesn't help here.

No, the timeline is designed to show along with a nondeterminate loading indicator when a buffering event is happening to communicate loading.

I think your priority should be to figure out why you’re having the issues in the first place from the stream.

I know why I'm having issues with the stream - we live in a rural area with no superfast broadband available so external streams do sometimes struggle depending on what other users are doing.

I understand you probably need to put up something on screen to show the stream is buffering, it's just a shame it isn't something a bit more discrete than the timeline banner. Often it is a barely noticeable stutter but the timeline still covers a chunk of the screen for several seconds.

Does the banner appear if you pause the live stream so you're viewing more than 30 seconds behind live? I would assume not.
Would be nice to have an [advanced user (I know what I'm doing and take responsibility)] option to disable the banner popping up.
Sometimes (OK, most of the time) you're trying to watch the content playing or read the closed captions.

Not sure. I would give it a try but since I posted the stream hasn't stuttered once anyway, so it's hard to know.

I agree, that would be perfect

Please submit diagnostics from the app after it happens.