Disconnected from hdhomerun

I'm not really sure why the new shield would be different than the old one. Other users here are using the new shield and tube and not experiencing the same freezes, so there is something specific to your environment that is part of the cause. I can't tell at this point if it's signal related or network related from the information in the logs. Without being able to reproduce it myself it is going to be very hard to find a fix.

One thing you could try is swapping the working shield with the new one to see if the new one works in the same location and network connection setup as the old one.

I have already done this. The older shield has replaced the tube and working fine. I do not have a network issue.

From today's log:

11-01 13:32:40.904 7915 8288 V Streamer: read error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

I think you should try hard-wiring to the network to see if it makes any difference.

If you hit record and play the recording, are there freezing issues?

I guess I will need to dump this as a solution. Nothing else I have experiences any issues...on any device.

Firetvs and the older shield work fine.

I can play recordings from a OTA source fine.

I'm uploading an alpha apk with extra logging. Please install it via the beta app under Settings then submit diagnostics from the 11.01.xxx alpha

Installed. Will submit and update this thread when the issue shows up.

Just happened in the alpha....uploaded

Submitted another set. Hang again

I submitted another round. Should I keep submitting or do you have enough to work with?

There's nothing useful showing up besides the network error exception

I am planning on moving the tube to the basement tv. Will plug that one into a switch and see what happens. Not sure if this a valid or useful test, but I started a channel and let it play for a bit...then backed up on the timeline and have been watching it in the buffered section. Has not crashed yet.. around 45 minutes.

Ok, if I am watching something and the network drops out, what should happen? I would think the timeline should pop up with the little circle, while it reconnects no? If this is the normal behavior, why do I not have this issue with tve streams? The network dropping out can't be specific to this device and OTA alone (even though I have two new shields exhibiting the issue). I am trying to understand...

Ok, my screen is currently frozen...I am buffering and watching that...see picture. So my question.. I am watching what was already downloaded to my shield as it is buffered to the device yes? Why then if you look at the timeline....do I have more content ahead of where I am on the stream? Should not I have been allowed to watch the rest of the buffer, up to where it stopped ..... That would be the network error....wouldn't it?

Diags submitted as I am not sure if being buffered might produce a different error.

Time will tell, but I may have found a fix...has not happened today.

What did you change?

Went through all setting on the TV/Shield/Channels and disabled anything that had anything to do with surround sounds (had only changed this in channels before this), disabled HDMI comfort noises on the shield, and made some picture changes.. (not sure what change actually helped, will narrow it down at a later date). But I have not had a crash since... and i was getting them pretty regularly.

Edit: Also changed the HDMI mode to enhanced (an option on one of my TVs).