Discovery networks channels / ”no refresh token”

Hi,

Anyone else having issues with Discovery networks channels and TVE?

Channels DVR (on raspberry pi running raspbian) just throws the error “no refresh token” on rescan. When looking at logs, everything seems to be working correctly, and “authed” gets written to logs.

I’ve even tried to use various different cable provider credentials I got for testing from my friends.

The issue exists with both prod and pre-release versions. The Discovery website and the Apple TV app both work perfectly.

Chromium is the latest one available from the Rasbian repo (88.0.4324.187-rpt1).

Edit: Issue still persists with HeadlessChrome/90.0.4430.212 jsVersion=9.0.257.29 protocol=1.3 [email protected]

I just had to re-auth for Discovery yesterday morning, and did not experience any issues (other than the delay upon initial tuing):

2021/06/09 10:08:54.867365 [TVE] action=error_response type=Other error=net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
2021/06/09 10:08:54.872640 [TVE] action=version product=HeadlessChrome/89.0.4389.72 jsVersion=8.9.255.20 protocol=1.3 [email protected]
2021/06/09 10:08:54.874279 [TVE] action=set_cookies domains=1
2021/06/09 10:08:54.937279 [TVE] action=navigate url=https://login.discovery.com/v1/oauth2/authorize?affiliate_id=57a9eb816b66d14b2ff8aedc&asset_authz=false&auth_client_id=DTV&auth_client_url=&auth_ttl=&client_id=REDACTED&network_requestors=true&product.code=diy&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwatch.diynetwork.com%2Fwatch%2Fdiy&response_flow=code&response_type=adobe&state=nonce%2CREDACTED
2021/06/09 10:08:54.941434 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=GET url=https://login.discovery.com/v1/oauth2/authorize
2021/06/09 10:08:55.490331 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=GET url=https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate
2021/06/09 10:08:55.700653 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=GET url=https://sp.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate
2021/06/09 10:08:55.908909 [TVE] action=wait_for_page
2021/06/09 10:08:55.979535 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST url=https://idp.dtvce.com/dtv-idp-authn/authn/v2
2021/06/09 10:08:55.979594 [TVE] action=auth_domain domain=idp.dtvce.com
2021/06/09 10:08:56.461028 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=GET url=https://idp.dtvce.com/entitlementlogin/login.do
2021/06/09 10:09:02.077266 [TVE] action=page_ready
2021/06/09 10:09:02.077358 [TVE] action=wait_for_page done=true reason=page_ready
2021/06/09 10:09:02.077437 [TVE] action=fill_form [email protected]
2021/06/09 10:09:02.109608 [TVE] action=wait_for_auth
2021/06/09 10:09:02.125658 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST url=https://as.dtvce.com/idp/login
2021/06/09 10:09:03.435417 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=POST url=https://sp.auth.adobe.com/sp/saml/SAMLAssertionConsumer
2021/06/09 10:09:03.603281 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=GET url=https://login.discovery.com/v1/oauth2/authorize/callback/adobe
2021/06/09 10:09:04.383798 [TVE] action=request type=Document method=GET url=https://watch.diynetwork.com/watch/diy
2021/06/09 10:09:05.570903 [TVE] action=authed
2021/06/09 10:09:05.578919 [TVE] action=cookies num_domains=2 num_cookies=2
2021/06/09 10:09:05.585911 [TVE] action=error_response type=Document error=net::ERR_ABORTED
1 Like

Interesting - seems like chromium fails to harvest the auth cookie - I get the following log entry which is different from yours:

2021/06/11 02:16:19.906092 [TVE] action=cookies num_domains=0 num_cookies=0

May have something to do with Chrome version.
I see
[TVE] action=version product=Chrome/89.0.4389.114 jsVersion=8.9.255.24
and
[TVE] action=version product=HeadlessChrome/89.0.4389.72 jsVersion=8.9.255.20
on my two instances of Channels DVR w/TVE. First one running as a Synology pkg and second running as a Docker-tve container.

I was just thinking about the same thing and upgraded to a newer version, yet the issue still persists. :confused:

HeadlessChrome/90.0.4430.212 jsVersion=9.0.257.29 protocol=1.3 [email protected]

Not sure who your provide is, but when I have that problem (about every two weeks) I just delete and re-add the TVE source to fix it. In fact, I've set a reminder to do it every 14 days for my Xfinity.

Cant update Chrome on Pi image unless devs push update far as i know. i tried the process to update posted previous thread, still pull old 89 version.

That's only for the Channels DVR custom pi image.

Seems lately that TVE is a Whack-A-Mole problem for the devs trying to play cat-n-mouse with the Providers doing authentication. I've experienced those issues with Xfinity (password reset and others) and see other Providers have other issues, like Captcha, etc.

Not just lately; it has always been some version of Whac-A-Mole. The developers have been awesome and responsive, but TVE has always been a moving target. It will likely be in a state of perpetual beta, as the networks and providers can't see to do anything well, right, or correctly for any length of time.

You can run sudo apt-get install chromium to get v90. In my case, I’m not running the Channels rpi image.

The Pi image is not Debian/Ubuntu–based, and IIRC does not use apt/dpkg.

Raspbian is based on debian

But the RPi image for the DVR server is not. The DVR image is based upon HomeAssistant's hass.io image:
https://github.com/fancybits/operating-system

Ah, didn’t know that :smile: Well, in that case, users not running the official image can upgrade their chromium via apt.

This has nothing to do with chrome versions. Any version higher than v88 is compatible with the automation protocol we are using.

Please submit diagnostics and email support for help.

2 Likes