Discovery networks channels still on TVE?

I recently did a rescan of our TVE feed with known good credentials and known good access to Discovery network channels including HGTV and Food Network.

While I had gotten them picked up in a TVE scan, they no longer show up.

I can confirm that the Watch HGTV and Food Network GO apps do still have their live feeds available, and I was able to watch them with the same creds I gave to the TVE scan in Channels DVR.

Additionally, for kicks, I got a SlingTV sub, and added it as a TVE feed in Channels. A scan here yielded no changes - HGTV and Food Network still do not show up.

Is it possible that the latest beta of Channels we run here is not privy to TVE changes made on the service end?

My recording of last night's Spring Baking Championship went off without a hitch. And Chopped is currently streaming without issue.

Perhaps you've run into a stream-limit issue or other auth problem?

Click Rescan Channels next to your provider, then scroll down to HGTV and see what error message is shown next to it. Click rescan next to that one channel and see if it fixes anything.

Sling doesn't have good TVE coverage. If you go to watch.hgtv.com there is no Sling option in the login list.

I have Directv and haven’t gotten a Discovery Network channel to work successfully in over a month. I’ve tested my credentials to login in directly to the live feeds using their apps and works fine. It’s clearly a TVE issue.

I have TVE via DirecTV and I'm watching Discovery (6101) right now without any problem. Is it possible that your DirecTV package no longer has the Discovery Channel? Just a shot in the dark.

Have you tried testing by direct url https://go.discovery.com/ (via browser) and "sign in" with the credentials, as App's do not use the same setup that TVE (and ChannelsDVR) uses?

Thanks for the tip kcshield and suggestion Dirk. I just tried to sign in to live streaming via web browser and had no problem. Dirk - it's definitely still in my package because as I said I can watch live via their native apps and through my Directv box. I have tried deleting and re-scaning and that hasn't made any difference either.

This is very frustrating.

Submit diagnostics and email support.

Ok. Just sent diagnostics

Same issue with Fubo now. Sent diagnostics as
c0d5299f-c79d-4dff-8522-5000b9b36ab0

I'm seeing it on DirecTV now. auth_timed_out on all Discovery networks. Their livestream on the website works fine.

I’m still having issues. No discovery network channels are authorizing properly via Channels (DirectTV provider).

Yesterday morning I put DIY on, and Channels had to re-authorize in order to start the stream. The system had no problem with my DirecTV credentials.

Awesome. What is your hardware for your Channels server? I’ve got an old windows setup. Thx!

An old Gigabyte Brix with an i3-5010U.

Windows 7 does not work reliably for TVE.

I guess that’s it. Worked fine the last month then just stopped. Mac mini here I come!

... and now the Discovery networks are working again in Channels. :face_with_monocle:

Working fine the whole time here