DIY now Magnolia

Can you please update the icon for DIY to Magnolia?

It updated for me already..

I had the same issue so what I did was go into the Channels DVR Server settings under Guide Database and in the dropdown hit Refresh Station Logos. After that I had to force quit the app on my Apple TV for it to show up (force quitting with out refreshing the logos didn't work).

1 Like

wtf? So weird. How annoying and confusing for people that for decades want and watch DIY channel and the specific shows on it.
When did this happen?
It still shows as DIY on Philo for recent past aired saved episodes of my family favorite shows.
Live shows this Magnolia, wtf is that mean, that is Best Buy's Home Theater brand.

IIRC, It was announced summer of 2020. The original transition was supposed to happen Q1 2021, but was first pushed back to summer 2021, and then again until its eventual launch on 5 Jan, 2022.

right...like they expect people to follow websites and articles like that.

Have not seen any banners or commercials even informing of the change over, so it was a surprise.
Was wondering why i was being bugged today about DIY going missing on the few DVRs i have setup for my household and a few friends/neighbors.

Just waiting for Fox to rename themselves Giraffe Network or something....that would throw my folks for a loop. :rofl:

1 Like

I'm still seeing the DIY label here, is that normal?

TVE channel 6108, login via DirecTV.

Yes that's the channel ID and it's not going to change because that would break people's favorites and collections.

OK thanks, that’s understandable. I had figured previous watchers would understand, that a channel name change like this has the potential to disrupt such things.

But how would a new watcher — a newcomer to Channels DVR — today or years in the future, know to search for “diy” to find Magnolia when setting up Channel Collections? Or “newsy” when searching for Scripps? Is channel number is the only other way to manage this?

Anyway, thanks for explaining.