Does Reboot wipe out the guide?

I have my Windows 10 Box, where Channels DVR is running, set to reboot every morning. I don't know if this is causing the issue, i'll keep any eye on it, but my guide data disappears and nothing records until i refresh the guide.

We went on vacation last week, and nothing except a few things recorded. Any experience with guide data disappearing, recordings not happening. Is there a way to manually shutdown channels gracefully, before a reboot? Or a command line option to refresh the guide after a reboot? Not sure what else to ask.

I really want this to replace media center, but i can't as it is. ;-( If there is a better place to run this where it's 99% error free, please let me know!

Reboot does not wipe out the guide.

Check the Log tab of the DVR to see if any errors are shown.

Normally guide data downloads between 9-10am so if your computer is off then it might not be updating its guide database

It was never off. Boot time is 455 am. After that boot the schedule is mostly blank. I have to do a manual reload of the schedule. Even after the 9-10am load its mostly blank.

You will need to check the Log tab of the DVR web UI to see if it's downloading data and what errors are occurring

Why?

That should absolutely never be necessary. If it is: Something is broken. Badly. I don't think much of MS-Windows. Never have. But even I don't believe it's that badly-broken.

The reboot is old habit i guess. I stopped that and still have the same problem. The guide just disappears!

I refreshed the guide this afternoon, looked good. I looked at it now, nothing in it. It showed 2 shows scheduled though. I refreshed it and 10 shows are scheduled for today, like it should be.