Does the Chrome Cast Google TV 4K have interlacing issues for UK TV?

After 5 years of using Fire TV sticks all around the house (4K, 4K Max and Cubes) I've had enough of how they handle British TV with the continual interlacing issue (I assume I'm not the only one still). One update they work the next they don't and for the last couple of years I've just ended up leaving them on software decoding putting up with awful frame-rates, software decoding works but some of the frame-rates achieved are unwatchable I've saved up for months to purchase an LG C2 which seems mad to have a lovely picture but awful experience with the framerates achieved on fast moving scenes.

So I decided that's it I'm finding another solution and tried an Apple TV 4K which despite not being an Apple fan I love it! It's clean, slick and seems to work very well the only thing I don't like is the price! Ideally I would like every TV in the house using the same remote / stick / box but with 7 screens in the house , plus buying the nice little remote cover which I feel is needed with the Apple TV remote that's a whopping £1183! I have no doubt that this is the best solution but it's a lot of money to unify my system

This leads me to think maybe the Chromecast Google TV 4K might be a better match at just £40 per TV? When I say better what I mean is cheaper but does the same job.

Do these perform flawless for Channels / Plex 4K HDR content? Or do these suffer the same issues as the Fire Sticks and I'm just swapping 1 cheap and nasty stick for another? Plex has always been perfect on the Fire TV but Channels is where I always get problems.

I can live with the awful cluttered UI on Google TV as I'm used to it with the fire sticks, I much prefer the apple TV interface but again it comes back to money

I would appreciate an advise on this especially from anyone based in the UK as all these cheap sticks seem to work fine for Channels on non interlaced content but all of our HD channels in the UK are interlaced and this is what gives me all the issues, especially when the wife can't enjoy her programs!

Thanks in advance