Double NAT and remote DVR access

I believe this has been covered before but I can't get remote DVR to work.

I have a double NAT set up which is unavoidable because my Eero router does not "do" PPPOE. So the Eero has to sit behind an Archer router/cablemodem.

I have tried so far the following without success.

1. Opened port forwarding 8089 from Archer to the Eero and opened port forward 8089 from the Eero to the device hosting the DVR. (I have used a port checker to confirm that both ports are open)

2. Activated DMZ on the Archer for the Eero router.

Anything more I can try?

Why do you have another router behind your Internet border router? Let the Internet border router do any routing necessary and let your LAN be what we call "flat": Everything in the same address space.

As @jseymour is saying. The Eero router likes to be the main router. To do this with your setup you would need to put the Archer Router/Cablemodem in "BRIDGE" Mode which means it is acting ONLY as a Modem and then allowing Eero to be the ONLY Router. If you can do this you will be much happier.

A DMZ is usually enough. What does my.channelsdvr.net show when loaded over LTE?

I just installed an Eero and am running into this same issue. When loading my.channelsdvr.net over LTE I get: "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server." Wondering if anyone solved this yet. I have 8089 open on the IP on my NAS where channels is running and where I access the setup page.

You need to setup a DMZ on your first router to send all traffic to your Eero. On portchecker.co it should show 8089 as open.

You could also port forward 8089 on the other router to the IP of your Eero router. And make sure 8089 on Eero is forward to Channels DVR.