Double tap fast forward bug

I’ve noticed that sometimes I will click on a recording that is in the top shelf display… when watching that recording I will go to fast forward through a commercial break with the atv remote and it won’t work! It will just fast forward 30sec. Then I will force close the app and open it again and it works.

I have seen this too with my harmony on two different apple TVs, but I have only noticed this on 2 hour plus recordings like the NHL games. I end up force closing the app to get things moving again.

yesterday with NHL game and Fear the walking both over 2 hours if you try to fast forward the channels app locks up. I end up having to watch without any fast fowarding.

My whole network end to end is hardwired with gigabit. And my DVR box is a win10 i7 with nvidia card.

thanks

Fast forward is still flaky, especially for recordings in progress when watching. It’s been posted on the forum before. Not sure if these are related issues or not.

I have found that there are times when the double right press just pauses and plays but double right tapping will skip the commercials. I have also found that double pressing the right side skips commercials. I’m not sure which action was intended to skip commercials but I try them both if one doesn’t work. This has occurred only on one of five Apple TVs in the house and it seems like the double right press is the intended action to trigger the skip.

1 Like