Download Speeds on iOS

Any suggestions on improving the download speeds from my Channels DVR to my iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) for offline viewing? I can't seem to get above ~20Mbps even though my upload is capable of 200Mbps. Just tested uploading a 2.5GB file to an Azure Blob and had a fairly steady 170Mbps. Channels and the subsequent Libraries are both hosted on a Synology NAS running 10GbE fiber to a switch to the 2.5GbE port on the cable modem.

Thanks!

Slight update, I noticed in the Resource Monitor that ffmpeg via Channels was utilizing a higher CPU. Checked the logs and noticed it was transcoding the downloads which seemed to be one of the bottlenecks. Changed to Original to check if it would still transcode which it does not. Now on WLAN I can get 30-40MBps. Cellular still seems to be a tad slower hovering around 3-4MBps.

1 Like

That's fast, 240-320 Mbps

So 24-32Mbps

While I don't have any suggestions on your speeds, I just wanted to make sure you knew there was no middleware between your device and Channels DVR Server when downloading remotely.

So when your Channels app is downloading, it's connected directly to your Channels DVR Server, there's nothing in between the connection that could be causing an issue.

So any networking issue would between your house and cellular connection.