DRM and Verizon FIOS in Northern New Jersey

I am in Northern NJ (Bergen County) and I am thinking of switching my TV provider to Verizon's FIOS service, because I've heard it is better about not using DRM.

I have an HDHR Prime and was wondering if anyone had any experience with a similar setup, as I would like to know which channels are DRM restricted.

On my current Optimum setup, I can only get about 100 out of my 400 channels DRM free.

Thanks!

So I'm not Northern NJ, I'm Hudson Valley NY- but I think we're all on the same FIOS hub in NYC. Other than pay channels (like HBO, etc) the only DRM channel that FIOS has is- for some reason- Fox news. I use Channels on an ATV with a cable card. So if you really wanted to see that, get the app... Who knows the future, but for the last 2 years channels has worked great.. (I don't use DVR either- with ATV you can just watch past shows using the app- like past Animal Planet shows, use the Animal Planet app, past CBS shows, CBS app, etc.).

stantheman, can you confirm if MSG Network is not DRMed? Looking to tune into Ranger games.

@adk749 MSG is not. Just double checked. Just FX's and Fox News/Business. You can add via TVE though.

1 Like