"Duplicate" channels

I have both a SiliconDust Prime and Connect Duo. When using Channels with the ATV, the software is eliminating duplicate channels by ignoring the duplicate on the lower-prioritized device. For instance, if I have my Duo as the first priority device and the Prime and secondary, the local channels only come through on the Duo. If I use SiliconDust’s native software, I can see that both tuners have the channel available. Is there any way to keep this from happening?

While the above behavior might be ideal for some folks, I’m trying to cord trim in the hopes of cutting cable (with the exception of internet). One of the more desirable (NBC) local channels is a little spotty while I’m playing with antenna configurations. My wife isn’t a fan of having to switch tuner priority and is going back to the cable box.

Is there a config option so that I can have the local channel appear for both tuners in the guide?

Thanks!

1 Like

There is no option to disable channel combining, however if you’re getting a bad signal on one channel you can disable that channel (either on your HDHomeRun via my.hdhomerun.com or via the app on the Settings tab), and then it will use the cable version of that channel only.

Thanks for the quick response. It’s sort a bummer as the “bad” channel is only bad a small amount of the time and tweaking settings on the fly is difficult to ask for the less technologically advanced.

I had the same thing tarly on and that’s what I did. I disabled it till I got around to tuning it in better. I have an attic antenna and I waited it’ll it was a little cooler before i went up there and realigned it. I’m fully OTA for a year.