Duplicate thumbnails

well crap...

Where do thumbnails live? I moved my movies off my /volume1/ to my /volume2/ and since I can't do it as a DVR storage path, I had to add it as a local content path. Now my library has 2 movie thumbnails. One dead and one that works. Where can I purge my thumbnails to get rid of all the duplicates? I don't mind clearing the issue outside of the program.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... Any reason why I can't use /volume2/ as a dvr storage path? According to below, adding a new drive is the reason for this but it doesn't show my drives? Yet I can show /volume2/ my second drive under local storage.

"If your main DVR drive is filling up, you can move existing recording folders over to a new drive and add that as an additional storage path."

Sounds like a bug. Can you submit diagnostics?

e85fdf67-c427-42df-948f-24aabd74b931 submitted

Fixed in next build

Try this one:

wow that was quick.

well I can pick the volume2 now but it's now pulling the data into inventory. Maybe it's not looking into sub folders? I even tried doing /movies and /tv and it still doesn't pull any files.

Give system internal user channels r/w access to the folders
like /volume2/sharedfoldername/tv and /volume2/sharedfoldername/movies
per the install notes that aren't there Channels — Channels DVR Server

I am not seeing an internal user. Are internal users built differently in synology. I hope to fix this soon or wife is going to have a fit when she doesn't find any movies.

1 Like

why would it have the privilege it needs if I added it via local storage but not via dvr path. as far as the NAS is concerned the rights would be the same. In either case it's channels. So I don't believe that is the solution. but let me try what you just uploaded.

You can search the forum for topics about DSM 7.
They have not updated the install notes yet to explain this.

I don't actually have a channels user so I can't give it permissions. If I have channels working now, then what user is it using? The only users I see built are the ones that I did manually and home assistant.

sorry. I forgot to pick system internal user.... But I still don't have channels.

Are you using DSM7 or DSM6?

Post a screenshot your Local Content settings. Does the Log show any errors?

I am using DSM7.

only thing the logs show is the prunning of the shows when I removed the local directory.