DVR Access Failure Remote Access Problem

Well, that’s flippin’ handy :frowning:

Wow. That is timing. Both iOS and tvOS are now working properly for Remote Access. My iPad updated on it’s on. My iPhone needed me to go into Updates and do update all. However, my tvOS was a little more tricky. I ended up deleting the Channels App then reinstalling to get the update to happen. My other TV is still on the prior version. I may just let up update on it’s own since I have so many.

When i had this issue it was after a power outage and my ip addresses on my device swapped. I simply had to put server back on the same ip it was on before and all my devices connected back

1 Like

Bumping this topic.

I am remote and now can't access my server. Am running two instances of Channels on a Tivo Stream 4K.

1. beta configured for remote server - been working fine.
  2. latest stable build - configured to hit a local (in Italy) server I am configuring to access Italian TV

I have bonjour turned off for the local Italian server so it wouldn't grab the beta.

Everything was working fine but this morning, the beta seemed to get the local IP address. I logged off of it, checked that bonjour was off, turned off the local Channels Server and then tried to reconnect beta to remote server. I get "Success" when I connect but on the TS4K I get "DVR Access Failiure - Unable to authorize remote DVR server"

I can login via my laptop and see my remote server and tune/watch TV.

Any thoughts?

ADDED: cleared cache/data on both instances and tried again - still fails
ADDED 2: uninstalled both beta and stable, reinstalled stable from play store, tried to reconnect to server - Success indicated but app says failed.
ADDED 3: switched in a Chromecast wGTV - same problem. Checked router - port forwarding table was empty (??? how???) so I added an entry to forward 8089. Problem persists.
ADDED 4: Checking server troubleshooting and get following message:

Cloud Reachable
Could not connect to community.getchannels.com: Get "https://community.getchannels.com/": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2022-03-01T07:51:24-05:00 is after 2021-09-30T14:01:15Z

ADDED 5: switched back to TS4K and rebooted QNAP server. Cloud Reachable still problem after reboot. Still getting "DVR Access Failure"

ADDED 6: loaded Channels on Android Tablet - tried to connect - same error.

ADDED 7: Tried to connect with another PC - won't connect - still able to connect with my laptop.