DVR buffering warnings with tuner sharing on multiple Fire TVs

I just purchased the new 4k stick and replaced one of the 3 pendant with it. It seems it doesn't like to share the tuner with the 2 pendants. It either freezes and says nothing or says something to the effect about being behind the time line. Sometimes one of the pendants will freeze. It doesn't seem to happen if I am using all pendants. I was wondering if using all 4k sticks will solve the problem. Any ideas?

You have to enable the Tuner Sharing option in the settings first for sharing to work. Make sure the latest version of the app is installed- the About tab should say v2.1. That version should never freeze on the 4K stick.

It freezes after awhile when sharing the turner with a fire pendant device. I am sharing the turner on both units and using software encoding on the 4k stick. It only freezes when sharing the tuner with a pendant. I was wondering if all units have to be the same type of fire stick to share correctly and not have issues. When I use sharing with just the 3 fire pendants it doesn't seem to freeze. All the devices are up to date.. app and software for the fire devices.

What does this mean in the logs? " [WRN] Buffer for 1327134F ch623 is more than 99% full (clients=2, len=33219788)" This seems to happen very quickly when running 3 4k sticks on the same channel at the same time.

That means two clients are trying to share the tuner connected to channel 623. Clients are either the Channels app on a device, or the DVR itself recording off that channel.

When the buffer starts overflowing that means one of the two clients is not reading fast enough. If there's a recording happening, that usually means the disk is too slow and its not able to write the data fast enough. If they're both live clients, it means one of them (or both) is not downloading the video stream fast enough- would usually mean a bad wifi connection or network link between the DVR and that client. You can run the speedtest on the DVR settings tab of the FireTV app to measure the network link between DVR and client device.

What type of speed should I look for to stop this issue?

Atleast 20mbps per device with low latency (under 25ms)

Also if you're planning to use tuner sharing, the DVR PC/NAS must be hard-wired. Otherwise it has to download and 2x upload all over wifi, which means atleast 3x the amount of bandwidth is required for two clients. Most wifi is also not good at uploading and downloading at the same time.

My computer is wired. My firesticks are wireless and reporting over 120mbps with only around 4-7ms. Would lowering the stream setting to 1080 8mbps help this issue???

Each firestick has those numbers. I use a mesh unit from TP=LINK the Deco M5 3 unit system in Access Mode. I use my verizon quantum router for routing.

It sounds like the mesh is getting slower randomly when there's a lot of traffic moving back and forth.

You can change the Home Streaming Quality to reduce the amount of traffic going out over WiFi, but then the DVR will be doing a lot more work because it has to transcode each stream before sending it out.

If you can wire some of the mesh repeaters instead of having it all over WiFi that might help. Or if you can use powerline or moca to wire the FireTV sticks that would get things off of the WiFi and make it less congested as well.