DVR Clean up

After files have been deleted from the TV or movie folder they are still showing up in the channels app is there a way to have channels DVR to check to see if the file is still there?

Please vote so we can have this added.

Voted.

On my Shield, once I delete a program it continues to show up until I back out of whatever menu I am in (i.e. Up Next, Recently Recorded, Movies). However, if I back out of the menu and then go immediately back in, the recording is gone. I assume Channels doesn't automatically refresh the lineup until you exit or enter a menu?

I would agree, it would be nice if it just removed it without the need to exit and re-enter.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not though. I came from Tablo and when you deleted a show from the menu, it took up to 5 seconds to be removed. It would cause a little frustration, as once the deleted show poster was removed, it would cause the menu layout to re-organize. In other words, the screen you were looking at would change as the deleted show was removed from the layout. One show might be on line 3, but once the deleted show as removed, it would pop-up to line 2. It wasn't a huge issue, but it did seem a little unnatural.

It may be better if the deleted show was just greyed out so it held the menu structure until the menu was exited. At least if it were greyed out, you would know it had been deleted.

WMC/MCE worked/works this way too, it's extremely useful functionality.

We always move recorded TV we'd like to keep to a folder structure on a different HDD, so not having to manually update the list in Channels after moving the file would be very helpful.

Also add the capability to "Prune" and "Delete" to the global drop down on the Recordings tab.